Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday Afternoon At The Castle...

So I'm upstairs, folding the first of many loads of laundry, and I hear a rumbling in what I guess to be our kitchen. Thump...thump...thump...slide...against the hardwood floor.
"UN-GAH!" The Pea shrieks.
"UN-GAH!" The Bug shrieks back.
Thump, thump, thump, slide....against the hardwood floor.
I continue putting the kids' clothes on hangers, assuming (hoping) that all is well downstairs. Normally, I would take a peek, but my list of "things to do" is a million miles long just to get back to what I would consider 'ground zero' to start the week.
(On a side note....I am mentally thinking evil thoughts about my friends who have posted on Facebook that their homes are spotless AND already decorated for Christmas!! Seriously?! Quit raising the bar for those of us who are still grazing on Halloween candy. Those of us who can trace our names in the dust build-up on our furniture. Not me, of course. I've just heard of such folks....)
Anyhoo....a few "UN-GAHS" later, I investigate the situation. The Bug and The Pea are dressed to the hilt. Gray plastic hats, plastic shields and inflatable swords (which, incidentally was the greatest Happy Meal treat EVER when POTC came out in theaters...).
The two are pretending to be knights, deep in battle. They are sliding across the floor and twisting and turning with miraculous-knight-like precision. It suddenly occurs to me that UNGAH means "On Guard!" and I chuckle.
At this point the Queen made an executive decision and banished her knights to the outside for a little leaf raking duty. After all, you can't beat a 70 degree day in November!
Just another Sunday afternoon at the castle...

No comments:

Post a Comment