Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Daddy Kind of Love...

As my pregnant sister-in-law counts the minutes until the birth of her son, my thoughts turn to parenthood.
Here's a little something I'll dedicate to my soul mate:

I believe in love. Syrupy sweet, kiss on the cheek, giggly, ticklish, "did that get your tummy?" on an amusement park ride love. I believe in 'heart skips a beat when he walks in the room' kind of love. Dancing in front of a miniature Christmas tree with multi-colored lights love. Waking up with wedding rings on your honeymoon -- Have you met my husband? Proud love. Cabin on the lake, short getaway kind of love. It's A Girl! Born the eve of your first Father's Day kind of love. Tiny little body in the palm of your hand. Oh my stars! What do we do now? Kind of love. Love you Daddy, Ladybug kind of love with big brown eyes and butterfly kisses. It's A Girl! Brought home on Easter Sunday -- resurrection of our Savior -- kind of love. Dark curly hair, shiny blue eyes, Sweet Pea kind of love with extra tickles and slobber kisses. I believe in two beautiful daughters, whose cup runneth over from their Daddy's unconditional love. I believe in you...

1 comment: