Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday Night In Kentucky...

Once upon a time, in a land far, far, away, I worked for a ginormous corporation. Every few weeks, I was given the opportunity to visit clients and speak regarding investments. I especially adored flying to New York City. Limo ride to Manhattan, strolling 5th Avenue. What a rush of adrenaline, just BEING there!
I grin when I think how wonderfully different life is now. Tonight we took The Bug and The Pea to a Dairy Farm in town. (The Pea had won a $1 gift card from school, and she was going to treat us to ice cream, by golly.) My evening was spent slurping homemade Cookie Dough Ice Cream from a cake cone. The Bug and The Pea inhaled their treats, climbed on tires, and chased each other through the freshly mowed grass surrounding corn fields. At sunset, we loaded back in the car...sweaty, covered with dirt, and I daresay a few mosquito bites. Sticky fingers, wrinkled clothes, and the world's biggest smiles...
Friday night in Kentucky, ya just can't beat it...

No comments:

Post a Comment