Tuesday, August 18, 2009

In Which The Bug and The Pea Become Scientists...

The Bug and The Pea have taken a siesta from yarn jewelry. Tonight was self-proclaimed Chemistry Night. My first clue should have been the absolute quiet, intermittently pierced with the sound of scurrying feet. I retreated to my room in search of Advil for a toothache. (Apparently a root canal is in my immediate future.)I gave in to the temptation of my pillow for what I told myself would be a 5 minute rest.
When I awoke, the house was a science lab. Bubbles were, literally, floating through the air in the den. Empty bubble bottles had been filled to the brim with new concoctions. The kitchen table and countertops were covered with various containers of liquid/gel. The Bug and the Pea gathered Baby Wash, Shampoo, Dish Detergent, Clothes Detergent, Aloe (heaven help me), Hand Soap, Hand Lotion and Sun Tan Lotion. They were measuring portions into the (formerly) empty bubble bottles, adding water, and stirring. Once the chemistry experiment was complete, the girls would dip the bubble blowers into the new solution and attempt to create sparkly floating orbs. When the results fell short of the hypothesis (read into this: few bubbles)the Bug and the Pea didn't lose heart. They grabbed several dishtowels and applied the solution. Hoping to surprise me with a "clean" kitchen, the kids scrubbed the floors...well, bits of the floor, bits of the table, bits of the countertop. And if it hadn't been for the aloe and the lotion, it probably would have worked.
Sweet, sweet baby girls. Sticky, sticky kitchen floor...

No comments:

Post a Comment