Sunday, August 16, 2009

In Which The Bug and The Pea Incorporate...

The Bug and The Pea decided to go into business. This happened en route to church this morning. An idea carefully concocted, as many fine ideas are, in two booster seats.
Yesterday, the Bug discovered a previously unfinished craft project from her closet. A basic "learn how to needlepoint" cat pattern with pre-cut yarn pieces. She finished the project early this morning (heaven forbid we sleep past 6:30 a.m. on Sunday), but had some excess yarn.
"We'll make jewelry!" proclaimed The Bug...and set to work. She took three strands of leftover yarn and braided them into an anklet of sorts. She tried to fasten it on The Pea, convincing her the anklet matched her dress.
"We can SELL the jewelry for lots and lots of money!" said the Bug.
"I wanna help!" said the Pea. (My little capitalists...)
"I can make bracelets and necklaces and hair things!"
"I wanna help!" said the Pea.
"I'll make my own business!" said the Bug
"Me too! I can sell them, we can work together!" said the Pea. (My little marketers...)
As I type this, I am surrounded by yarn artwork. I have a braided bracelet on each arm. I have an anklet and three yarn necklaces. I am seated by a pile of multi-colored yarn accessories. My piggybank is beside me, and I am doling out pennies, nickles and dimes...depending on the merchandise.
The Pea just ran into the room, and I reminded her it's bath time!
"Mommy," she began, "We've already put aside some money to give to the church to help poor people. Don't worry, we didn't forget." And she races out of the room.
LOVE those sweet kiddos...

No comments:

Post a Comment